Sunday, January 15, 2006

A walk in the park

Another quiet day. After I had breakfast and read the Sunday paper, we all went for a walk in OP Schnabel Park here in San Antonio. I was skeptical, since we had to drive through a housing development to get to the entrance, but it's actually a kind of wild place. We even saw two beautiful deer. The park itself is a cedar and oak scrub forest in a flood plain, which is why it hasn't been developed. On the way down a steep bank to the dry creek bed, I slipped and hurt my neck a bit. Didn't say anything so we could finish the walk. The thing I didn't like about the park is all these guys with mountain bikes have decided this is their park, so we had to stand aside more than a few times for macho bikers. I don't know how anyone can be macho in rubber shorts, but these guys tried. The walk was still nice, though, and even the 15-yr-old admitted he'd had fun.
So then we came home to lunch, more forgettable football, and a video session of Gerry doing his forms for Tae Kwon Do. I seem to be having tech problems lately, though. My DV camera, a JVC, should hook up and play just like a VCR, but I can't even find the video jack on the stupid camera! Oh, well...I'll figure it out. I'll have to go on line, though - we can't seem to locate our user's manual.
I have gotten some rest this weekend. I really should go on the MLK march tomorrow but I can't stand crowds. John Courage and his supporters will be there - I hope there's a good showing for him. He's a good man and I hope he can win the primary, then the seat in the House. God bless him.
News is minimal - just the brouhaha about our bombing Pakistan and Ney resigning his chairmanship. I hope it means the Republican Nazi Party is crumbling just a little more.

No comments: