Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Curmudgeon

What the hell. I know I'm supposed to like everyone, but I just don't. So that's the problem with the training - I don't like everyone. One person doesn't talk enough. Another just knows that his opinion is superior to facts. But I like the instructor. She's reasonable, helpful, and pleasant. Could we want anything else?
I still can't help feeling trapped, though. I'll go through this week of training, do my best, probably get recertified, all for the privilege of doing extra work for no extra pay. Still, it was a quiet day without much stress.
Dems are finally getting their act together. Hillary, Gore, and Kerry all blasted Bush for the secret spying program.
Other stuff: $38 billion disappeared in Iraq. No accountability. Just gone.
Republicans pretending to want campaign finance reform.
Executive salaries may be made public.
Mayor of New Orleans went nuts for a chocolate city.
And Bush's numbers went up, not because he actually DID anything, but because he's trying to convince everyone everything's ok...they just have to ignore reality like he does. And it seems to be working.

No comments: