Thursday, December 18, 2008

A routine day in Cairo

I've been in Egypt for two weeks now and I'm still trying to get over jet lag and a sprained knee. I've seen some of the sights, but my knee limits me quite a bit.
Cairo is an incredible city - 20 million people, some living in hovels in cemeteries thousands of years old, some living in royal splendor. The city is choked with dust and pollution, so I'm glad I'm only here for 6 months.
I'm a team chief for a mobile training team sent here to teach English at the Ministry of Defense Language Institute. While my two teachers are teaching the students, I'm going to try to do a teacher training session every two weeks. The first will be on classroom management, with a focus on who's or what's in control, and what the teacher can do to manipulate control % to maximize learning. Fun, huh?
It's late, but I guess that's it for now. I'll comment on deeper thoughts another day.

No comments: