Sunday, February 24, 2008

My hope for the Democratic Primary

So far in the Democratic Primary, I've been swayed and inspired by Barack Obama. He's my candidate now. But in the process, I've gained a new respect for Hillary Clinton. I would be proud to support either of them as my president. The system has worked well for us so far. We have two historic candidates whom we like, trust, and admire. I couldn't hope for much more, except this: PLEASE, PLEASE don't screw this up. Don't get so petty, so nasty, so mean, that by the time we get to the convention, we don't like either of you. Don't make an amazing event such as electing the first black or female president like biting into a turd sandwich. Let us go on liking and respecting you both. Let us have both of you lead us into a new post-Bush era. We've had 7 years plus of hate, division, mean-spirited vitriol. Don't give us more. Please. Is this really too much to ask?

No comments: