Monday, December 29, 2008

Apocalypse Later

OK, I'm really glad Obama got elected, but in my heart of hearts, I think it's too late. The accelerating polarization of wealth happening all over the world is unstoppable. I absolutely believe it will continue and eventually, the misery index for the have-nots will rise exponentially, just as will the number of have-nots. Eventually, the have-nots will threaten the haves - this is not new or unexpected. It has happened over and over again for the last 4 thousand years or so. The main difference now is the ability of the haves to kill large numbers of have-nots. When it happens, I don't think it will be in the thousands, I think it will be in the millions or even billions. I believe this will happen. I just don't know when. I think it will happen in my lifetime and I'm almost certain it will happen in my children's life times. To them, I can only say, "I'm sorry."

No comments: