Tuesday, September 01, 2009

0 to 60 - Finances

I don't know how I managed it, but I'm getting into my 60's fairly healthy financially. It wasn't actually a result of good planning, or any planning at all. But I have and will always have my military retirement of about 20K a year, plus a smaller federal retirement when I'm 65, plus Social Security, plus I think my 401k will be around 200K by then. My house will be paid off before I'm 65, so I'll have a couple of years to feed money into my wife's 401k. So far, except for the government student loans my kids have and will pay back, we've managed to pay as we went for Misha and Gabriel. I'll buy another Prius before I retire and will try to have it paid off, too. All of this is geared to an actual retirement when I'm 67 so I'll get max Social Security. So it looks like we're gonna be ok.

No comments: